4.4.14

dusty lighter blues

As evening descends on the city with all the nonexistent foreboding of a hug from a friend you haven’t met forever along with stray clouds of potential sorrow, and rain that is yet dreamt of by you, me, us, every blade of grass, every leaf graced with a burnished sheen of dust

As morning ascends with the prescience of a sage who knows that Aurora, goddess of the dawn, and the ragini Sohini both glow with the luminescence, and solace of Sol’s early company

As dusk lingers, pushing you to drink one more cup of tea before footfalls echo in the memory and rose gardens call to you of paths we did not take

As night stretches, feline, feminine, languid, in the hour right after midnight and we sit in our respective pools of lamplit light reading of happily ever after, and occasionally despair

Here, princess, I sit writing for you these lines of weaving and unweaving
Novellas, cigarettes, glasses of wine, and letters as yet unfinished

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful..

monk said...

Thank you, Anonymous. You know, I feel that only that aspect of my self which exists for the princess is the authentic me. The rest of my selves, social, academic, professional, familial, even among closest friends – these are all masks. Lifeless, hollow-eyed, the sort you can hang by the door and put on right before you walk out of home for the day.

But my princess, she I'm sure is almost one with my soul. With her aura, all my clouds clear away. At the moment, she is on a sojourn to a dark, high tower, at the edge of the grimmest cliff you could imagine. The kind where waves crash against the rocks all day and all night long, yet no sound reaches my princess high in her study and boudoir where the tower ends.

I can tell you, my kind reader, that living this monk's life away from my princess is awfully diffiult. Besides, I have none too high an opinion of myself. So thank you again for your kind words. Do please keep frequenting this rather rambling blog.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

I wish this difficult phase of the monk's life ends soon. I do not wish the same for such beautiful pieces reflecting of your true self though. Keep writing.

Anonymous said...

By the way......I hope you know that 'anonymous' is someone who has secretly loved you through your writings. There it goes...
Best of luck!
And yes.... Cheers of course..

monk said...

These are such heartwarmingly kind words. May you always find plentiful good karma, happiness, and peace as we keep walking, dear anonymous reader. Do keep coming by, and thank you again.